e-VRE stands for enhanced VRE and proposes a reference architecture structured along three logical tiers:
- The Application tier: functions to manage and expand the system.
- The Interoperability tier: functions to discover and use resources, to publish functionalities and enable applications to interact with each other.
- The Resource Access tier: functions to enable e-VRE components to interact with resources.
eVRE Key features
- Rich use-case and requirement collection and analysis from existing RIs and VREs
- Domain independent, 3-tier Reference Architecture for new VREs and an evolutionary target for existing VREs
- Micro-service based Technical Architecture for easy adoption of specific components
- Scalability and cross-RI interoperability by Design
- Trust, Security and Privacy aware
- Rich RI-Resource data model for widest adoption with matching from the main used standards of metadata models
- Existing VREs enhancement show case
- Open source
The origin of eVRE
The e-VRE platform has been designed and developed by a consortium of 8 members within the Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation action VRE4EIC, under the leadership of ERCIM