"What is a Virtual Research Environment?" explained by Keith Jeffery
In the frame of the VRE4EIC project, tutorials are currently being produced explaining the use and benefits of the results of VRE4EIC.
- What is a Virtual Research Environment
- e-VRE architecture design & microservices concept
- Managing metadata in Virtual Research Environments
- Search and discovery of metadata in an enhanced VRE - The VRE4EIC Metadata Portal (Part 1 and 2)
- How Research Infrastructures can take advantage of interoperable VRE building blocks (Part 1 & 2)
- Trust, privacy and security policies
- Node & application service tutorial
- The ENVRIplus use case
"Managing metadata in Virtual Research Environments" explained by Laurent RemyFor more information, see also the deliverables related to "Work Package 4"
Maria Theodoridou presents the VRE4EIC Metadata Portal. The first part of the tutorial introduces the core components and explains how to construct a basic query. The second part demonstrates advanced features of the portal: how to use the geographical map, how to expand basic into complex queries, and how to store and load queries.
Daniele Bailo explains how an existing Research Infrastructure such as the European Plate Observation Sytem is enhanced by the building blocks provided by VRE4EIC